You began to notice that lately, after a meal you want to eat something? You feel hungry? This may indicate that the food portions are too small for you. But sometimes this symptom may indicate serious violations in health. If the feeling of hunger accompanies you for several days or even weeks, it’s time to sound the alarm.
The feeling of hunger after a meal: the main causes
First of all, let’s understand how our body works. In the use of food in the process of chewing and swallowing is saturated. It is not full saturation, but only the primary. Once in the body, the food provokes an increase in glucose. Full saturation occurs after a meal, 10-15 minutes. Many note that immediately after eating the feeling of hunger does not back up half an hour and this is normal. When the level of glucose in blood the brain receives certain signals, they provoke the feeling of hunger.
You’ll also enjoy our publication Why stomach rumbling appears: causes, what to do?
It is important to remember that the volume of the stomach of each person is different, it depends on what portions you used to eat. The more servings, the more stretched the walls. While eating in a small amount of felt hunger.
Why there is a constant feeling of hunger after a meal? As we said above, in 10-20 minutes — this is a normal reaction of the body. If you want to eat something even after that time, you need to identify the specific cause and, if necessary, undergo treatment.
The main reasons why there is hunger after eating:
- Too small portions. Perhaps your body is used to more large portions of food. Try to reduce them gradually, so you will prevent breakdowns and overeating (with weight loss);
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Diet, malnutrition;
- A deficiency of vitamins and minerals;
- A stressful situation — many people complain of increased appetite even with minimal stress;
- Lack of sleep — you need to sleep 8-9 hours a day;
- Hormonal changes (women and men);
- Mental stress — maybe lately you’ve been working too hard;
- Physical activity — so the body tries to compensate for the lost energy and calories;
- Before the critical days in women, increased appetite triggered by increase of estrogen;
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (colitis, ulcer, gastritis);
- The lack of Breakfast;
- The use of water in small quantities throughout the day;
- Eating carbohydrate foods in a large number of sweets, pastries, fast food;
- Thyroid disease;
- Psychological causes — previously migrated starvation;
As you can see, causes a constant feeling of hunger very much and if it does not pass even after half an hour, be sure to consult your doctor, he will prescribe the necessary examinations.
How to eliminate the feeling of hunger after eating: advice
First of all, include in the diet of vitamin-mineral complex, it is quite possible that your body lacks nutrients. Try to drink more water throughout the day. Half an hour before meals drink a glass of water, you will prevent overeating.
Don’t forget to sleep and as much rest as possible. Do not be nervous, avoid stress. Discard the strict diets and starvation. Best way to lose weight is to follow a proper diet and not starve.
If you are accustomed to eating large portions, but you need to reduce them, do it gradually. So your stomach will rebel and you will prevent possible breakdowns. And of course, don’t forget to have Breakfast. Perfect for Breakfast, slow carbs, for example oatmeal. Also suitable protein dishes, such as omelets or pancakes.
Another cause of hunger after eating — consumption of carbohydrate foods. They cause spikes in blood sugar, which the person feels hungry. Include in your diet more protein foods and also foods that contain high amounts of fiber — eggs, meat and fish, cereals, legumes, nuts and seeds, fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese.
If the feeling of hunger is accompanied by other symptoms (pressure fluctuations, nausea, fever), you should consult with a specialist. These symptoms can warn of severe disease.
Men’s website Mensweekly.ru
По материалам: mensweekly.ru