In Moscow on 19 and 20 April will be held the V all-Russian Congress of gerontologists and geriatric. It will bring together leading international and Russian experts in the field of gerontology and geriatrics, chief specialists-geriatric regions of Russia, representatives of social protection of the population, non-profit organizations, charities, social business, and also a practicing geriatrician doctors of all specialties involved in the management of elderly patients, nurses, social workers.
The development of geriatric medicine is a required component of responding to population ageing. By 2050, seniors will make up 22% of the total population. Demographic ageing will largely determine the economic, social, cultural, labor agenda. In Russia, life expectancy is increasing since 2005 and reached historical maximum of almost 73 years. In 2030, Russia should join the club of countries “80+”.
With 2014 in Russia began to develop geriatric services. Created the legal framework from 2018 began funding geriatric services in the system of mandatory medical insurance. By 2023, should be prepared for practical work 2500 of geriatricians. Geriatrics is the youngest and fast developing area of medicine.
The opening of the Congress will be held on 19 April 2018 With a welcoming address by:
- Galina Karelova – the Deputy Chairman of the Federation Council
- Tatyana Yakovleva – Deputy Minister of health of the Russian Federation
- Sergey Lukyanov, rector of the Russian national research medical University them. N. And. Pirogov
- Anton Drozdov – Chairman of the Board of the Pension Fund of Russia
- Olga Tkacheva – Director of the Russian gerontological scientific clinical center, chief non-staff specialist-geriatrician Ministry of health of Russia, President of Russian Association of gerontology and geriatric
- FINBAR Martin – President of the European Geriatric Medicine Society
- Maria Morozova , the General Director of the charitable Foundation Elena and Gennady Timchenko.
The theme of the plenary session of the Congress “Geriatrics 2018: we are together!” reflects the multisectoral and multidisciplinary nature of medical assistance to the elderly and senile age.
The main themes of the Congress:
- Diagnosis, prevention and correction of senile asthenia and other geriatric syndromes
- The prevention and management of emergency geriatric conditions
- The status of geriatric services in Russia
- Detection and prevention of abuse of older people
- Clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure, perioperative management, rational pharmacotherapy in geriatric populations
- Treatment of chronic non-communicable diseases in elderly and senile age
- Education in geriatrics.
On April 20 in the framework of the Congress will be a presentation format MED Talks. Four Russian and two foreign will be the speaker in the format of stand-up presentations.
In addition, in the first day of the Congress, April 19, will be presented: “the National manual of geriatrics” (E. V. Frolova), as well as the first Russian recommendations “Caring for frail older people.”
V all-Russian Congress of gerontologists and geriatric with international participation will be held with the support of the charitable Foundation Elena and Gennady Timchenko.
The Congress programme presented on the website.
The event is included in the plan of scientific-practical events of the Ministry of health of Russia. To participate you must pre-register on the website, one must have a passport (requirement of security of the venue of the Congress).
Venue: Moscow, street B. Yakimanka, 24, “President-hotel”
Dates: 19 and 20 April 2018.
Media accreditation and requests for interviews and comments: Alina Milovanova, AMilovanova@prp.ruphone: +7 (916) 137-82-43.