From inflammation of the prostate affects many men, but most of them don’t even know about it. Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a common diagnosis, but no need to be afraid. With proper treatment and prevention of inflammatory processes decrease. One of the important roles played by nutrition as an unbalanced diet will only worsen the situation.
Nutrition, diet for prostate adenoma: what to include in the diet?
A benign tumor of the prostate gland called BPH. According to statistics, most often it occurs in men older than 40 years. Passive lifestyle, bad habits and poor nutrition exacerbate the situation. In addition to treatment medications, you also need to change the way of life, otherwise the inflammation will bother you again very soon.
Do I need a diet for prostate adenoma? Do not be afraid, a strict diet does not threaten you. You need to eat right and to include in the diet a few products that will be particularly useful for the prostate gland.
It is believed that a diet high in fat and fast carbohydrates (sugar) contributes to the exacerbation of inflammatory processes in the prostate. So you have to remove from your menu of sweets, fatty and fried foods, salt.
Nutrition in case of BPH should be balanced to meet the body’s needs for protein, carbohydrates and fats. Prostate health depends on the immune system, so it is recommended to take vitamin-mineral complex.
Diet for prostate adenoma consists of the following principles:
- Exclude harmful fats and carbohydrates (mayonnaise, fast food, fried, sweet);
- Eat 4-5 times a day, the portions are small size;
- Don’t forget about healthy snacking — nuts and seeds, fruits, vegetables;
- Omega-3 — must be in your diet, it depends on prostate health. It contains fish oil, unrefined vegetable oils, oily fish, seeds and nuts;
- Drink as much water as possible. Will have to reduce their consumption of coffee and tea, try to drink plenty of pure water;
- Tomatoes contain a powerful antioxidant called lycopene. It prevents prostate inflammation, reduce tumor growth. A day is enough to consume 2-3 fresh tomatoes or a glass of fresh tomato juice.
- Fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits. They contain useful fiber, but also vitamins A and C, antioxidants. Try every day to eat 1-2 servings of salad vegetables and herbs. Season the salad with unrefined oil.
- Spices. Alas, you will have to reduce their consumption of spices. Leave in the diet, salt, black and red pepper in small quantities.
- Remove fried food. The healthiest food boiled, steamed or grilled, baked.
- Legumes and soy. Peas, chickpeas, lentils, beans contain phytoestrogens, they have anti-inflammatory action and prevents the action of free radicals. Soybeans and soy products are also useful for the prostate.
- Drink pomegranate juice and green tea. Those drinks are rich sources of antioxidants, they reduce inflammation and prevent. It is enough to consume 100 ounces of pomegranate juice per day, 1-2 cups of green tea.
Proper nutrition and a balanced diet will help to prevent worsening of inflammation of the prostate and increase the efficiency of treatment of an adenoma. From General immunity depends on the health of the prostate gland, so doctors recommend to eat right, lead an active lifestyle and to consume vitamin-mineral complex.
Men’s website Mensweekly.ru
По материалам: mensweekly.ru